Confraternity of Christian Doctrine
Four Strategic Objectives
Catechists teaching in every primary school in the Archdiocese.
New Curriculum Years 7-12
Years 9 (2009)
Years 7, 8, 10 (2010)
Years 11 & 12 (2011)
To expand the number of High Schools with catechists from 25 to 40 schools.
Recruiting more catechists from a diversity of ages and cultures under the slogan,
"Don't keep it to yourself... Share your faith with us!"
- Annual Calendar of Events to be produced and distributed to all stakeholders – parishes, coordinators, catechists, etc.
- Promotion of COLAL to all Catholic schools as an additional resource.
- Revision of K-6 COLAL program by end of 2011.
- Engagement of Bishops in appeals for catechists.
- "Eastern Rites Officer" to recruit and train catechists from the Maronites, Melkites, Chaldeans, Ukrainians, Koreans.
- "Universities Officer" to recruit and train catechists from UNDA, USyd., UNSW, ACU
- Involving senior secondary school students to work as catechists as part of their community service commitments.
- Review membership of Catechist Council.
- The Year 6 Graduation Pack to continue as an annual event.
- Year 12 Graduation Pack for 2011 onwards.
- Formation of "Seminar Groups" to present in high schools.
- Year 10-11-12 mid-year camp at Grosevale (Benedict XVI Centre) c. 2010-2011.
- Expand visibility for bookshop through new promotional strategies.
- Improved format for Catechist newsletter.
- New CCD website for Home Activity sheets.